Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Awesome Girls Weekend

My BFF and heart sister ran away to my dad's this past weekend. It was a much needed break from reality. This trek away was different in many ways. We are all going through major life changes that we don't always feel like sharing so it was nice to ignore these changes for a few days.

I worry about the girls they both seem to have so much on their minds. I love them and would do anything to make life easier for both of them. This little trip was exactly what we needed. We bonded, laughed, relaxed and just enjoyed nature.

While away we saw a moose, some partridge, a wolf, a dog sled team practicing. This is just a few of the critters we saw. It was my birthday on Saturday and the girls managed to smuggle in presents and cupcakes to make the day complete.

My dad also made sure to spoil us by chauferring us around the backroads so that we could see nature and check out the neighbours critters. While checking out the neighbours critters we saw goats, chickens and some dogs.

I am so glad that we are able to get away for a few days a couple times a year. My dad does so much to make sure that we get the peace, rest and pampering we need for those few days.

I realized this weekend how blessed I truly am. My husband may be out of a job right now but I have two girls I can count on unconditionally, a father that knows how to make things better and an awesome family that do truly try to help out.

Have to go and get the youngest ready for bed but I will be back to blog in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment