Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yeah Dad is almost home

Wow I am so excited I finally have my computer all to myself and I can write my blog without rushing.

I am enjoying the sound of nothing for a change, I know I should be doing a million things like cleaning my house or doing laundry but I am drawn to my blog although I have no idea what to write about.

My dad and I are extremley close and he has been out of town for the last couple of weeks visiting family. I was getting updates via text message and facebook about where he was and what he was doing. Normally when he is away I have no way of contacting him or knowing what he is doing so this was neat.

I talk to my dad all the time but especially on Wednesdays so last night I get this text from my cousin asking where is my call it is Wednesday. I immediatley picked up the phone and called. It feels good to know that my dad misses me even when surronded by other family members.

This morning I got a text that he is on his way home I won't see him until next week but it is nice to know that by tomorrow night he will be only hours away not days away.

I reminded him that my girls weekend is coming up and we are running away to his house so he had to be home for that. He assured me that if he was not home he would send us plane tickets to Thunder Bay and then he would pick us up. He would not abandoned us on girls runaway weekend. Although Thunder Bay is nice I am glad that he will be home for our runaway weekend.

I am proud to say that my dad and I are very close and I hope to have this type of relationship with my children as they become adults.

I guess I found my topic for my blog

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I guess you did!

    PS - plane tickets to Thunder Bay would work. I've never been there. ;)

    PPS - Powassan works too, though. I've been there and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew either option would work for you

    ReplyDelete