Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jekyll and Hyde

I just got home from the meet the teacher BBQ. I was such a proud mom to hear all the wonderful things everyone had to say about Ethan. He was so well behaved until I used that dreaded word "no". This wonderful happy child became this horrible temper tantrum screaming little person.

I have been listening to this lovely little one scream for 2o minutes interrupted by the lovely blackmail comments of if you let me go back to the school then I will stop crying. If you spend time with me then I won't yell at you.

I am always amazed at how quickly children can go from angels to temper tantrum screaming aliens. I have been living with this Jekyll and Hyde for about three weeks and I have lost all my patience and sympathy for this child.

I love him but I just so don't have the energy to deal with this side of him. If I am correct it will be an ongoing struggle all night and since this is new with him I am not really sure what else to do. I have grounded, consequenced, lectured and passed him off to my husband to deal with.

I try to remember that this will pass and I will have my happy, lovely boy back but I want a machine so I can fast forward to that point.


Sorry for all the venting but I figured this was the best outlet for my angst. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment