Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Soul Collector - How Beautiful

I have been critized plenty about the fact that my door is always open to friends and family and I have passed this tradition on to my children. Yes at times I shake my head at my open door policy when all I want is peace and quiet and instead I have a full house. Sometimes it is just people chilling but normally it is a soul that needs some type of mending whether that be a hug, a smile, a shoulder, advice or sometimes a kick in the butt (not literally).

Well the other night I was paid an awesome compliment about my open door policy. My neighbour and quickly becoming a friend called me a soul collector. She said it is nice to know she can call and I am there to help her laugh and forget about the crap she is going through. She was at my recent girls night and noticed that I have such a smorgasbord of friends and realized that is because I collect souls damaged or not and that I love deep and wide.

I am sure that as I get more comfortable blogging some of these stories will be told.

I will cherish these words the next time I am critized about my open door policy or when I am shaking my head at my full house.

2 comments:

  1. I have shaken my head a time or too, but in wonder not in criticsm! I love the term "soul collector", that fits you perfectly.

    And yes: you love deep and wide. Thank goodness for that, and for you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I feel that I get back tenfold in different ways

    ReplyDelete