Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hand me downs not Crap me downs

I will start this off by saying I am pissed and venting so bear that in mind as you read my blog.

I have a friend who loves to give my youngest hand me down toys and clothes and I am all for that between the economy and the enviroment I think this is a great idea. The problem I have with this person is that lateley most of the stuff he is giving us couldn't even be used for rags. I find it rather disrespectful that he would assume that we are in such need that even the stuff that should be in the trash we will be thankful for.

Now when the stuff is good it is really good but that is rare. My hubby sent this guy a letter asking him to please not give us his garbage just hand me downs for Ethan. His response is that we should be thankful that he gives us anything.

Now I give hand me downs to my friends and I am sure that a stained shirt or pant has slipped into the bag but I have never given clothes that the entire crotch are of the pants is cut out or toys that only have half of the items required. The best thing (sarcastic) was he gave us all the covers and instruction booklets for his kids video games.

After a long heated discussion between my hubby and I a we decided after the response we received to drop off all the garbage to his friend and let him deal with it.

I am sorry but have respect for people when giving them hand me downs. I mean I am very practical and thankful that between the group of us that does this tradition I have had to buy very little for Ethan and 90 percent of what I get is amazing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment