Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Girls night

Well this last Saturday was my first annual girls night. I decided that instead of just inviting the same girls that I hang out with I will invite all of my friends, neighbours, casual friends and of course my heart sister and BFF.

As time approached I was getting nervous about what if this mix of girls does not get along or worse yet what if nobody shows up. Well to my surprise almost everyone I invited showed up some for a long period, some for a short visit and one girl came twice.

It was a night of reforging friendships, creating new bonds and just relaxing with each other. Although we are all in different stages of life and relationships it was wonderful to sit back and watch this girls laughing and talking and hugging each other.

I was talking to one of my neighbours and it amazed me how thankful she was to be included in such a night. She had planned on only staying a few hours but ended up being here most of the night and I think I can honestly say that we are now more than neighbours.

My newest gal pal showed up and wow does she ever fit well with the rest of my girls. I must say I would not think twice about calling her in the middle of the night if I had a crisis. I think she will be a keeper.

It always amazes me the power of a group of women in a room they will either bond immediatley or just be pleasant. I am proud to say that this group definatley bonded and we will be doing this every year.

We even called my cousin who lives far away to include her. She was so excited to be included. This was a night that made memories and one I will treasure for a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast. The group was fun, absolutely. Alcohol always helps to ease the way, too...lol!

    ReplyDelete