Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friendships change and mature

I find it so funny that when it comes to friendships people get all scared and shaken to the core when there is a change in dynamics, yet in marriages we expect and embrace these changes as growth.

I recently was blessed enough to have my own car (making payments but it is still mine) and I am loving this freedom. I was very shocked to have some of my closest friends not only been upset that I went ahead with this but have now done all they can to still change my mind.

At first I was completely taken back and upset but lately I have come to the realization that it is not the cost that is the concern it is the fact that now there is a dynamic change. I no longer have to depend on them for rides or to go shopping. I have done my best to include them and I have offered to pick them up since I figure I owe them for the years of driving me everywhere.

I am sure as time goes on and this change becomes routine we will be back to the goofy girls we normally are. I am sure they do not even realize they are acting this way. I just hope the time will come when they can be excited for me.

I do realize I have stretched my budget to get this car but having so much extra time with Ethan is so worth it. He is no longer the clingy grouchy child. Sure he stil has his moods but not half as bad as when I took the bus and was never home or if I was home I was always tired.

Sometimes time is worth more than a balanced budget. Yes there are many luxries in life I will be giving up but everytime I get to be the one to wake him up or pick him up early so we can watch a movie before making supper I realize that I made the right choice.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh....*now* I get it. No more "take me shopping" trips, and somebody's feeling like she needs you more than you need her. Don't know why I didn't see that before, I'm ususally *good* at that stuff.

    We'll talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized it on Thursday when a comment was made about how the car may not have been the best choice

    ReplyDelete