Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Praise unexpected

I was reminded tonight that my son and his friends do truly appreciate the little things that I do for them. I don't do any of these for any sort of thanks or praise. I do them because I am able and I love having them in my house.

First tonight I went and picked up food for them they thanked me when I got back and even gave me gas money. Secondly Douglas' friend is moving to Italy in less then two weeks so he asked if he could have a going away party. This would mean me find accomadations for the night for myself, Ethan and my husband. I did this willingly because I can't imagine having my close friend move away. Tongiht Douglas and his friend both came to me and thanked me for making the party possible. They also assured me that they would respect my home and our neighbours.

I don't know what I am happier about the thanks that I got or the fact that they appreciate the little things. I am not going to dwell on which to enjoy I am just going to enjoy this moment and savour it.

No comments:

Post a Comment