Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Modern Day Prince Charming

I grew up with many wonderful magical relationships around me. I always assumed that once I got married that I would be with prince charming who would shower me with attention, gifts and we would be blissfully happy forever and ever.

Well I did marry my prince charming but he is not as perfect as I first thought and shockingly we have not always been blissfully happy. Jobs, children and life have not always been kind to our relationship.

I realized a little while ago that the problem was that the image I had was based on everyone else's opinion of a happy marriage or prince charming. Once I stepped back and shook my head of those notions I realized that I had a modern day prince charming. I get the occasional gift that I wasn't expecting but mostly I get a solid guy who is an awesome father, would die for me and thinks that the sun rises and sets on my head. So yes this is not everything I imagined but I think I am blessed that after 11 years of marriage we are still in love and I still get the occasional surprise gift.

Maybe I will be lucky and when the kids move and we retire I will have all of his attention and gifts but if not I will remember the good things and be thankful for all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment