Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Perfect day

Today started as any normal crazy hectic Saturday in my house but as I prayed and mentally decided that I would savour today no matter what it brought I was amazed at how peaceful and stress free I felt today.

I had the usual bumps in the road my youngest yammering on about the same topic a million times and I completley over booked myself but yet I was able to find time to have breakfast out with my oldest and his girlfriend and have a quick but great visit with my heart sister and her kids. Both of these things I would normally not have enjoyed because I would have been thinking about where I had to go next.

I went to a friend's party and while I was there she commented that I looked tired and I was able to say not a bit just totally calm and relaxed for a change. I realize that life will happen again and chaos will ensue but for today I was able to claim victory over my hectic life and I made some awesome memories with my family.

Then to top off an already amazing day my modern day prince charming decided to join myself and our youngest for fireworks which he has never done before. We just sat there watching our youngest dance to the music and awe at the fireworks. Now I am sitting here and listening to the rain which is one of my favourite sounds.

I am going to go and enjoy a glass of wine, listen to the rain and savour my perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment