Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

What a night

I decided to go visit my family tonight since my hubby is doing work for them. As the night progressed I was excited about my new role as granny and the upcoming shower. I told them that I would get them invites and I was hoping they could come and support my son and his girlfriend.

In the process of the talk my one cousin found out who my son's future mother in law (D)is. I don't like my future mother in law because I have some bad history but I'm trying to get over that for the sake of our future being intertwined. I find out that my sons future mother in law had an affair with my cousins husband up until and including when he was sick in the hospital and dying. I suspected this over the years but never knew for sure and never knew my cousin knew.

Needless to say this part of the family will not be at the shower and will probably not be overly willing to come to my house in fear of saying something. The best part of all of this is that apparantley my cousins husband spent a lot of time at D's house so my future daughter in law knows him well but maybe not the situation.

I feel horrible that my cousin is now reliving this horrible event 11 years later but how was I supposed to know the world was this small.

1 comment: