Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Preparations

Well for my American friends Thanksgiving in Canada is on Monday. I have my supper tonight which means I should be in the kitchen cooking something or setting the table or one of the million other things that have to be done.

I am grateful for all the help that I have to make this meal. My aunt is downstairs cleaning, my dad is on his way to help with whatever job I give him but this morning I just want space all to myself.

I got up early this morning so I could have my tea and listen to tunes but as always in my house life happens. My boys had friends over so there were extra bodies on my couches which means no tunes but I could have my tea which I was good with but then my aunt and Ethan decided they should get up early to help me which I am thankful for since I am so behind in my preparations for today. So I decided to steal 10 minutes to myself and blog.

The house does smell delicious. Turkey is in the oven, dressing is cooked just needs to be reheated and I have my fall candles going so it smells like pumpkin pie even though the pie is coming from one of my many guests.

Well I will sign off and go tackle my holiday preparations and by tonight I will be laughing and loving having everyone here I just needed to put everything in perspective.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment