Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happily Married and Feel Guilty

I realized today that although I am happily married and have the kind of marriage where we still can't keep our hands off of each other I feel guilty. You need to realize that I do not feel guilty about much so this came as a shock to me.

I started to try to figure out why I feel guilty and it came to me that I feel guilty because most of my friends are either single, getting divorced or in unhappy marriages. Then I wonder if I am just kidding myself about how good things are and I look deep and yeah for some crazy reason we really are happy.

Now as I have said before I did not get the price charming I put an order in for but I did get a modern day prince. I feel bad when I blurt out to my friends about the romantic thing he did last night or if I just comment about how good things are. I feel like I am rubbing it in their faces. I feel for them about their relationship I have been in their shoes but now I want to be happy and not feel guilty about being happy.

It just seems that in today's society it is the norm to not be happy so when you are happy people question you or figure that you are just making things up. I wish we could all be in the bubble I am in but I do believe that because I am in such a good place that it makes me better at helping them or just listening.

Trust me we have had our issues and some of been huge and the thought of leaving has come up but when we decided that we were sticking it out things changed but I think that is because I know without a doubt that the sun rises and sets on my head in my husbands world.

I was also blessed to grow up surronded by crazy in love people who still held hands and kissed even after years of marriage. I had to learn that marriage is an ever growing process and if you are not both growing or commited to growing then the marriage will not work.

2 comments:

  1. Never feel guilty for having what you have, never feel shy about sharing it. You deserve it and have every right to enjoy and share those feelings with your friends. We love you and want you to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much and I will work on not feeling guilty

    ReplyDelete