Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Battle on the homefront

Well Christmas went off without a hitch which in this house is a miracle. Then New Year's eve also went amazingly well so I got a little comfortable with the no drama and no one fighting in my house well last night it all started again.

My husband made an offhanded comment that to the average person would not be a big deal but to my lovely 19 year old it somehow meant that after six months of working his butt off to show how much he has done it is still not good enough. I figured that since he didn't storm out last night he might be open to an apology and discussion from my hubby but alas that is not the case. They are now both refusing to talk to the other and my hubby has gone so far as he does not want me to drive our son anywhere and does not want me to either. He wants me to pick his side.

This will blow over eventually as it always does but in two weeks we are all supposed to go to Monster Trucks so that should be interesting and this weekend the two of them are supposed to go and get tattoos together.

I feel like sticking them in a locked room and the one that emerges is the winner I figure they will either kill each other or learn to talk. This does not make an easy house. We always have to balance everything just perfectly in this house since I have three very emotionally volatile people as once this balance is upset it normally becomes a free forall. Hopefully not this time.

My oldest is mad at me because I had the odacity to make plans tonight and not check with him so now he does not have a vehichle. This is partly my fault because I do forget as he gets older that he still needs routine and nothing to change and for the last two weeks he has had my car at his whim.

Hopefully when everyone gets home tonight peace will find a way to restore itself. Of course I am like a mama bear when it comes to my children so that does not bode well for my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment