Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

True meaning of Christmas

This year I have learned that the true meaning of Christmas is in our actions not just words. As I was taking my kids all over the place tonight to see their dad and his side of the family with not a complaint but actually a gladness in my heart I realized this was showing them the true meaning of Christmas.

It is about Jesus and his birth but also about family and love. I hope by making sure my kids could get to their dad's tonight and be the one to drive so we still had a part of Christmas Eve I showed them that.

I also noticed today as I handed out a small token of thanks to my coworkers knowing their would be nothing in return how good it felt to see each of them smile and the thanks I got from each of them was amazing.

My heartsister knows what a time I am going through this year and she went ahead and got me a little pick me up and it is so appreciated.

I realized this year that as one friendship is changing others are growing and even better some are rock solid. I am so loved and blessed.

1 comment: