Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Heart breaks and heals

I have been helping a very close friend for the last little while deal with her marriage issues and I am still surprised at all the things I am finding out about the life she has been living. I am so glad she has found the strength to finally stand her ground and demand love and respect.

I do hope that it is not too late for them to work things out but I am finding it harder and harder to believe that at the end of this road they are going down that they will be together. I watched her completley crumble and also her oldest child.

It breaks my heart to watch a family fall apart like this and not to see any good coming from it. I don't agree with just throwing your marriage away but I do believe that there are times when it is the best solution and I am starting to think that this is the best for them.

I was shocked to find out that out of the people that know everything there are only two of us supporting her and everyone else figures she should just put on a happy face and enjoy the comfortable life she has. Well I am sorry but money and a nice house does not replace love, respect and partnership.

Last time I checked it is almost impossible to have a good marriage without love, respect and partnership. I have to come to realize how truly blessed I really am in my life. Yeah my hubby drives me crazy but I know that he loves and respects me. I have also realized that I so made the right choice by leaving my older boys father all those years ago.

I am so glad that I have my blog to be able to vent and put this stuff out there. Writing is such a good therapy for me right now dealing with all of this. You see I tend to hurt when my friends hurt and it is not healthy to keep everything in.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging is therapeutic, isn't it? :)

    I know you are holding confidences in your heart, but if you need to talk, you know that I am always around.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and I do know I can share with you and you would also keep it in confidence. I am just keeping your advice from New Year's eve in mind and not taking on the burden. I am helping but at an arm's length because it is a complete mess and I know it will be back and forth for months. She is not convinced she can do this on her own.

    ReplyDelete