Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Friend Good, Bad or other

Not sure if anyone reads my blog anymore but it is funny it still helps me sort out my thoughts and feelings so I keep blogging.

I used to think I was a good friend the kind that people liked to have in their inner circle (not boasting) but lately as I reflect over the amount of people that have come in and out of my life over the years I am starting to wonder if I am somehow to cause for all the people that have come in and out over the years.

I do believe that not all friendships are meant to last a lifetime but only a season but I find it hard to believe that all those friendships that have gone away were meant to only be a season.

I sometimes wish I could be visited by ghost of friends in the past so I can find out why the friendship really ended.

I guess lately I am also feeling like my bff no longer wants to be a bff she has not said so in words but certainly in her actions. I am trying to believe that she is just going through life and at some point things will go back to the same way but I am finding it harder and harder to believe. The real proof has been the last few weeks I have been going through stuff that she would normally have been right here helping me with instead she hasn't said boo. I have mentioned it to her so we could get together and hang out and she replied I should just stay home.

I have asked her what is wrong multiple times and I have tried asking my hubby who knows her well what is up but he doesn't want to get in the middle and she says there is nothing wrong. I am not sure how to proceed with this friendship we have been through to much for me to just walk away. I will continue to pray and hope things get better even if they are changing

2 comments:

  1. Of course I still read your blog, silly! :)

    And I'm going to make a confession right now. At one time, it hurt me a lot to be replaced in your life by a new "BFF". Because I couldn't bring everything that she could to the table, I used to wonder if I still had a place in your life. I see now that I do (of course!), and that every relationship grows and changes. Your relationship with her is growing and changing too, and I don't think that you need to give up on it by any means...maybe she just needs a bit of space right now for some reason, but I am sure that with all that you have been through together, things will eventually work themselves out.

    Love you,
    -C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you did you silly girl but you are my heart sister and that is an unreplaceable position. We have such a solid relationship that it is amazing. Then again that is how you love it is full, fierce and protective.

    I am glad that you still read and I am sure that mine and her friendship is just growing I just hope at the end it is better.

    Thanks for always being there for me

    ReplyDelete