Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tv on main floor or not

I am a big believer that TV is way too important this days and when my husband and I bought our current house we didn't install a TV on the main floor so we wouldn't be tempted to watch as much TV. All that did was create a bad habit of us hanging in our room all the time. I look back now and wonder how many moments I missed with my older kids when they came home.

I wonder this because we now have a tv on the main floor and although it is rarely on it has made me spend more time on the main floor and I am now discovering a new relationship with my boys. They come home and I'm hanging out and next thing we are watching a movie together or just getting caught up.

I asked if they would have come and got me to watch the movie and they said no but since I was obviously still up they figured we could hang. This made me think back to my teenage years and how many talks I had with my mom when I came home and this was because she was on the main floor doing her thing.

I can't get back those years I missed but I will make the best of the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment