Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Mothers heartbreak

Anyone that has read my blog knows that my husband and oldest child suffer from depression and makes for an interesting house at times. Well last night my middle child called me to his room at 1 in the morning sobbing his heart out and it turns out he needs counselling because he is having issues in life. I have no problem with this but it breaks my heart to hold my child in the wee hours of the morning and not be able to help or fix. I did tell him that my mother and his father both suffered from mental illness so it is possible that he got the gentics from them or maybe its just a moment thing.

So this will be my road for 2012 and I know the lord will guide me through this but what the hell. I think I have been through the ringer lately and would've liked 2012 to be nicer to me. This is my 20 year old who looks up to me for answers and help. This time I had no answers or help to give him. I will find him a counsellor and walk this road with him. This is part of what I signed up for when I became a mother but damn I wish for the days of them having easy problems to solve. Skinned knees, small problems that McDonalds would cure and when I had all the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment