Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Marriage woes

I do love my husband and I'm glad that I fought like hell to keep us together but now that we are settled into the new routine I must admit although quietly that I'm not sure what we have in common any more.

I gave up TV so I would have time to do other things and I've tried including him but his not interested he wants to watch his shows. I figure hey we have weekends but no were both so busy.

I'm hoping that this is just because we've had no alone time to talk and just hang out in awhile because I don't want to be that women that just isn't happy with all she has and needs to see whats on the other side of the fence.

Yeah he doesn't do the dishes or housework but he spends time with the youngest and lets me come and go as I please on weekends. He thinks the sun rises and sets on my head so I should be happy.

I watch the other fathers play ball with their kids and then it hits me what I'm not happy about is that he's not fun. His world is about learning and being serious. He can't just go to the park to play or just go to the movies to hang out. I'm not sure when this starting out weighing his good qualites but I'm bored and want to have fun.

I know in my heart that we are in a funk because life has handed us some nasty curve balls lately and we barely survived but my head doesnt want to listen to reason it just wants to run away and have fun.

I guess this is the part of being an adult I always feared the growing up and being responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment