Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friendships

I find it funny that there was a time in my life when I didn't need an appointment book to keep my friendships going. There always seemed to be so much time for everyone but as the kids get older and life gets busier I find that my appointment book is a much regarded tool for keeping friendships old and new.

Sometimes its just to remind me to send them a note or sometimes its so we can coodinate our schedules to spend time together. I am a people person so for me my friendships fuel my life and make me a happier wife and mother. I am blessed to have a bountiful of women in my life. Some I learn from, some I cry with and others are my rocks through life.

I do believe that friends are meant to be a reason, season or lifetime. Over the years even the friends that were just a season and it broke my heart when we parted ways I have now been able to step back and relish in the memories made. I do have two women in my life who help me navigate and keep me on track. The first has been with me for over twenty years she is my heart sister our hearts break together but we also heal together and love life. The other one has been in my life for about seven years and we are way past best friends we weave in and out of each others lives. She is the one that makes life fun and celebrates all the big and little things in my life.

I hope that when my time comes to go to heaven that I have left the mark of friendship and helping women gap the bridge between different seasons and ages.

2 comments:

  1. You will always be the most important woman in my life, no matter how busy I am. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good to know I need you to keep my balance. I'm glad that we can adapt even with busy schedules.

    ReplyDelete