Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Many hats one day

Today I learned what it meant to be many things. This is one of those days where life lessons were taught, given and learned. What an amazing day it was.

I was a superhero to my youngest child because I was able to find a swimsuit so we could go swimming.

I was a cool aunt because I went when my girlfriends daughter called. All she wanted was someone to watch her favourite show with her and her mom was sick. I stayed and watched her show with her. I was sure to tell her before I left that I was glad she called and that this is what family and friends do. This was a neat experience for me because I am an Aunt by choice not blood.

I learned that being a heart sister means that no matter who else is in your life they are the ones that will be there at your brightest and darkest hour. I also learned that when I choose not to call in my darkest hour feelings can be hurt but forgivness is also quick to be given.

I got to be a good wife to my hubby tonight when I told our oldest that he would have to find a ride for his girlfriend because my hubby was too sick to go out. My hubby would've gone had I asked but he really appreciated not having to go.

I also learned what it means to be a true cousin. This is the most interesting to me. My cousin Tasha is getting married and is being given some grief over the fact that kids are not invited. I for one totally agree with her. We have a cousin who has said he will not be at the wedding because his youngest will be too little to be left with a sitter. Her wedding is in August. This weekend on FB we find out that he left his little one for the night with a sitter so him and his wife could go out. Tasha was very hurt over this and I totally get where she is coming from. So I told her I have her back sent her a virtual hug and him a virtual kick in the butt (we live too far from each other for them to be real). The interesting part is the cousin I gave the kick in the butt to used to have no faults in my eyes but I am learing that he is not perfect and that Tasha needs all the love and support she can get.

What a crazy but educational day. These are lessons I will keep and pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment